Benefits of MCE
You will have a voice in your electricity rates and programs. MCE is controlled by a Board of locally elected officials, not private shareholders.
Competitive & Stable Rates
Having a choice of energy provider means competitive rates and value for you. The cost of MCE Light Green service is comparable to PG&E’s standard service and contains more renewable energy.
MCE does not use taxpayer dollars. We reinvest in the communities by providing access to residential, agricultural, and commercial programs that help you save money.
Have your questions answered in person! MCE will be holding community meetings throughout Solano County to provide you information and to answer your questions. We hope to meet you in person at one of our events listed below. Options to attend meetings remotely and access recordings will be available below.
- Recording of March 18th MCE Community Meeting (please note: presentation begins at 26 mins 25 secs into the recording, fast-forwarding recommended)
Your Service Options
MCE Light Green 60% Renewable Energy
Take no action and your locally-controlled Light Green service will start in April 2020.
- Stable and competitive, locally-controlled rates
- No shareholder influence on rates
- 60% of your electricity comes from renewable sources
- 87% carbon-free
MCE Deep Green 100% Renewable Energy
Opt up to 100% California solar and wind energy for one penny more per kilowatt-hour. Half of the premium you pay helps create new local energy programs and projects that benefit you and your community.
- Slightly higher locally-controlled rates (~$5 more per month for a typical home)
- All of your electricity comes from Green-e Energy certified, wind and solar from California
- 100% carbon-free
- Half of the premium helps to create new local electricity programs and projects that benefit your community
PG&E 39% Renewable Energy
You can choose to opt out of MCE Light Green service and return to PG&E’s electric generation service. Please have your PG&E account number on hand to opt out online or call 1 (888) 632-3674. Requests to opt out after 90 days of start of service with MCE will be subject to a one-time administrative fee of $5 per residential account, or $25 per commercial account. You will also be subject to PG&E’s terms and conditions of service, which will prohibit you from choosing to return to MCE for one year.