33%, 50%, or 100% Renewable. The Choice is Yours!
How It Works
PG&E will continue to deliver your energy through their standard power lines, and their repair and maintenance teams in the familiar blue trucks still provide the same reliable service you’re used to — rain or shine. But now, with MCE, you’re investing in cleaner energy at a cost that is competitive with – and often even cheaper than – PG&E’s costs.
Benefits of Choosing MCE
- More Renewables and a Cleaner Planet. More of the electricity you pay for will come from non-polluting and constantly replenishing sources. Think sun, wind, bioenergy, hydroelectricity, and geothermal heat. Since MCE flipped the switch in 2010, we’ve eliminated over 185,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions by using pollution-free energy.
- Stable and Competitive Rates. In 2014 and 2015, MCE saved our customers over $16 million through lower energy rates. We also proudly reduced our rates two years in a row in 2016 and 2017.
- New Clean Energy Projects. New clean energy projects have been built — and will continue to be built — right here in California and in our communities. MCE and its partners have committed over $1.6 billion to build new wind, solar, and biogas projects in our state.
- Local Jobs. Our new renewable energy projects have supported more than 2,800 California jobs to date resulting in 1.2 million union labor hours.
- Community Investment. MCE does not use taxpayer dollars. We reinvest in the communities we serve by providing low and stable rates, fostering renewable development projects, and expanding energy efficiency programs.
- Local Control. An elected official representing your city or county is on MCE’s Board of Directors, incorporating your community’s values into MCE’s decision making. MCE member communities – not private shareholders – control their own energy choices.
The Communities We Serve
What Our Members Say
The Town of Fairfax understands that climate change has the potential to significantly effect our residents and businesses, as well as other communities around the world. Fairfax also recognizes that local governments play a strong role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and mitigating the potential impacts of climate change, thus, our desire to participate in Deep Green.
The National Park Service preserves and protects the precious natural and cultural resources of the United States of America for the enjoyment of current and future generations. To meet that Mission, Point Reyes National Seashore embraces Deep Green 100% renewable energy. Thanks MCE!
Employee owned since 2002, The Natural Grocery Company is grounded in a desire to nourish our community with high quality, organic, wholesome foods. We are also committed to minimizing our impact on the environment through operational systems such as composting, recycling, expansive solar panels, and using green power. We are proud to subscribe to the Deep Green Energy.