Social Media Policy
MCE provides opportunities through various digital outlets and social media channels to facilitate communication among individuals, businesses, and visitors regarding matters of public interest.
Sites that allow public comment shall inform visitors of the intended purpose of the site and provide a clear statement that inappropriate posts are subject to removal, including but not limited to the following types of postings regardless of format (text, video, links, documents, etc.).
MCE reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- profane or vulgar language;
- personal attacks of any kind;
- harassment of any individual or entity;
- content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation; or
- hateful, threatening, libelous, or pornographic language or images.
Further, MCE also reserves the right to delete comments that:
- are spam or include links to other sites;
- are clearly off topic;
- are illegal or fraudulent;
- promote particular services, products, or political organizations;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- contain factually inaccurate information about MCE;
- inaccurately imply endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by MCE;
- can be confused with official communications of MCE;
- violate other users’ privacy, such as releasing personal information about others, including name, address, or phone number; or
- further commercial or other personal financial gain.
MCE reserves the right to deny access to its communication channels. MCE will deny access to those who violate the above standards or other applicable policies in these or similar practices.
Participants on MCE’s various social media channels who misuse information and communication services may be removed from all online communities permanently. MCE reserves the right to move or delete any postings.