Low Income Families & Tenants (LIFT) Pilot Program
The Low-Income Families and Tenants (LIFT) program offers income qualified multifamily owners and tenants an opportunity to save money and electricity while improving quality of life for the residents.
1. Multifamily properties with four or more units and located in Marin and Napa Counties, unincorporated Contra Costa County, Benicia, Concord, Danville, El Cerrito, Lafayette, Martinez, Moraga, Oakley, Pinole, Pittsburg, Richmond, San Pablo, San Ramon, or Walnut Creek.
2. Meets the following income requirements:
|Number of people in household||Total gross annual household income*|
|1-2||$32,920 or less|
|3||$41,560 or less|
|4||$50,200 or less|
|5||$58,840 or less|
|6||$67,480 or less|
|7||$76,120 or less|
|8||$84,760 or less|
|9||$93,400 or less|
|10||$102,040 or less|
|Each additional person, add||$8,640|
*Before taxes based on current income sources.
Valid through May 31, 2019.
Qualified Units are Eligible to Receive:
- $1,200 per unit in addition to the rebates provided by MCE’s Multifamily Energy Savings Program
- Referrals to other programs to enable additional savings
- Low-cost, high efficiency heat pump appliances
- LIFT program measures in tenant units, including but not limited to:
- –air conditioners
- –packaged terminal air conditioners and heat pumps
- –smart thermostats
- –LED lighting
- –pipe insulation
- –faucet aerators and low-flow showerheads
- –heat pump water heaters