Thank you for your interest in our MCEv Vehicle Rebate program!
Our program is still open but it’s on a first come, first serve basis so don’t wait to take action. Here are the 3 main qualifications in our program:
- Be a MCE customer. Review our guide of how to understand your electricity bill. Does your electricity bill include “MCE Electric Generation Charges”? Email ev@mceCleanEnergy.org with your address and the name of the person on your electricity bill if you want us to check for you.
- Be income qualified. See household income thresholds and other programs that would allow someone to pre-qualify. Do you meet the household income qualifications?
- Purchase or lease a new, eligible EV. Did you purchase or lease a new, eligible EV in the past 3 months? Our program is a rebate so it requires this to happen before applying. You can also save time by using our application to apply for the MCEv Vehicle Rebate and the State’s CVRP at the same time.
Did you answer “Yes” to all 3 questions? If so, please move forward in completing this application for the MCEv Vehicle Rebate.
Did you answer “No” to any of those 3 questions? Then, here are some resources to help you move forward:
- Not a MCE customer and live in one of our 34 member communities? You can re-enroll here to get 2x more renewable electricity delivered to your home for a lower price than PG&E’s electricity while still getting the same bill.
- Not income qualified but still need financial support to afford an EV? There are other rebates and incentives available that can lower the price of an EV.
- Haven’t purchased or leased an EV yet? Over 650,000 California residents are driving EVs and there are over 40 models. Make sure you buy or lease an eligible EV model if you want to qualify for the State rebate. Here are a couple of tools to help you consider which EV may work for your lifestyle and budget: WattPlan and Electric For All.
Please email ev@mceCleanEnergy.org if you have any further questions.
MCE Customer Programs Manager