Join the California Community Choice Association (CalCCA), MCE– California’s first Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) program, and CleanPowerSF for the Bay Area’s premier Global Climate Action Summit affiliate event. The event includes a panel discussion on how innovative local energy programs, private-sector engagement, and new technologies are helping to shape California’s clean energy future. An optional tour of local sites producing renewable energy will follow the panel discussion.
Attendees will enjoy:
- An interactive panel discussion that will cover topics such as:
- The past, present, and future of the CCA movement in California
- Fostering community partnerships, local renewable projects, and workforce diversity through community choice energy programs
- Private sector engagement on clean energy and climate change mitigation
- New technologies and incentives in energy efficiency, storage, and more
- (Optional) A tour of two local renewable energy projects: MCE Solar One in Richmond — the largest public-private solar partnership in the Bay Area — and Redwood Landfill — Waste Management’s state-of-the-art, landfill gas-to-energy plant, which turns yesterday’s trash into today’s electricity.
Registration: Registration is required for both the panel discussion (free to the public) and tour (nominal fee). Registration will close on Friday, August 31 or when maximum capacity is reached. Discounts/fee waivers for the tour are available for local non-profits, public agencies, and media. An official agenda will be provided prior to the event.