Your LOCAL Energy Choice
MCE started as a blue-sky idea bigger than any one of us and became California’s first Community Choice Aggregation program. With the help of local leadership, champion businesses, and individuals like you, we redefined the local energy landscape and created choices for ourselves where there were none before. Together we’re having an enormous impact on greenhouse gas reduction, rate stability, and new, local renewable projects – all without compromising service or reliability.
Residents and businesses in Marin and Napa Counties, unincorporated Contra Costa County, unincorporated Solano County and the Cities and Towns of Benicia, Concord, Danville, El Cerrito, Lafayette, Martinez, Moraga, Oakley, Pinole, Pittsburg, Richmond, San Pablo, San Ramon, and Walnut Creek can now choose how much renewable energy is in their electric service. MCE customers have joined us on a path for a cleaner planet by reducing their carbon footprint and helping their communities lower their greenhouse gas emissions.
Ultimately, what drives MCE is the same purpose that we all share. We want a better future, for ourselves, for the ones we love, for all things living on this planet. What we have learned from our success is that great things happen when we empower communities to create their own choices.
We thank you.
MCE’s mission is to address climate change by reducing energy-related greenhouse gas emissions with renewable energy and energy efficiency at cost-competitive rates while offering economic and workforce benefits, and creating more equitable communities.
At MCE, we strive to provide you with clean, renewable energy at stable and affordable rates. Renewables come from constantly replenishing and virtually limitless supply of natural resources. Think sun, wind, bioenergy and geothermal heat. By turning to these sources instead of fossil fuels, we can help create a clean and secure energy future for California.
- We provide high quality products to our rate payers and accessible, responsive service.
- We support thoughtful and robust innovation to advance a more sustainable energy economy.
- We acknowledge our responsibility to address the inequities that underpin the energy industry’s dependence on fossil fuels by dedicating more resources to historically marginalized communities to center equity in all of our engagement, services, programs, and policies.
- We serve and strengthen our communities through public outreach, energy education and technical assistance.
- We celebrate diverse identities and experiences and actively engage all perspectives with openness and professionalism in an inclusive and accessible work environment.
- We support a productive and collaborative culture while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Over 340,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions eliminated since 2010
- $68 million+ saved by customers since 2010
- 5,000 California jobs supported
- 31 MW new renewable projects built in our service area